Auld Lang Syne Latest
The 2016 race will be on Saturday 31st December. Details generally as for previous years, below.
ALS entries open on 1st November, entry forms will be available on this site on 31 October to print and post. No online entry.
- Saturday 31st December 2016 - The 23rd Auld Lang Syne fell race
- FRA BS (cat B, short length) fell race - 9.6km/300m from Penistone Hill Country Park, near Haworth, W Yorks (GR 025364).
- Race starts 11.30am
- SORRY there is no entry on the day. This race is pre-entry only, see notes below.
- PM/NS (partially marked, navigational skills required)
- Minimum age 16
- Records 38:57 Andi Jones 2008, 46:33 Scary Mary Wilkinson 2010 (see archive results)
- Team prizes: first 3 men, first 3 ladies
- Bottle of Daleside beer for all finishers
- Senior fancy dress prizes
- (Sorry, no junior Quarry Runs at this race)
- Pre-entry only as there is a limit of 400 runners
- There will be no refunds and no transfers (and remember FRA rules require you to run under your own name!)
- The organisers reserve the right to reserve a small number of places for category winners from recent years.
- On the day of the race, your name will be checked against the pre-entry list and you will sign when you collect your number.
- Only registered runners may run in the race: it crosses private land with special permissions obtained.
Past results and photos